Bee Mine!

I've just finished off this card that I wanted to share with you...


I have used this gorgeous CC Design lil bug emma stamp on X-Press It Blending Card. I used the following colours to blend and ofcourse finished off with lots of clear Spica in her wings and gold Spica in her hair!


In the original image of Emma she doesn't have the black bee stripe across her belly. I used my multiliner to add in the stripe as I wanted her to look more like a bee, rather than a beautiful butterfly or fairy!

TIP:
The interesting thing about creating a black effect with Copics is that you don't need to use black at all. I find if I do use black (100) it is very flat and you can't show any definition in the shading. Whereas if you use a combination of grey, you will be able to get a good shaded black area. So.... to colour the "black" stripe on Emma's belly I used C-3, C-5 and C-7. This is my favourite combination for black!



I used Basic Grey's gorgeous Lemonade cardstock to put this card together and X-Press It foam tape to raise the image and a few of the panels!


I hope you enjoy the card and the tip, and don't forget to pop over to Stuff by Sammi for some great blog candy!


Have a great day

m
xxx

5 comments:

Jackie Thomas

This is terrific Mandi, your colouring is always amazing. Those three colours are my favourite to use for black. Great minds hey? hugs xo Jackie

Sammi

Hi Mandi! this is so cute!!
LOVE those papers - and I love how you added the strip onto her to make her look bee-ish!
Sammi
xx

Sammi

Ps. Thanks for the notice re the candy! Make sure you pop your name into the draw on my blog!!! :D
xxx

Emma

she is gorgeous Mandi! I love that Basic Grey Dp it is just so pretty!

Kathy Jones

Totally cute Mandi!! Love this card layout and your bumblebee is just adorable!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. I love to hear your feedback and appreciate your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by! Mandi xxx